Saturday, January 30, 2016

Three weeks from leaving ...

... and what do we do?  PACK.

OK .... I admit that we are VERY EXCITED.  But in my own defense, the last time I packed a month in advance ended up being the right thing to do.  That was back in 2008 before our trip to Ireland.  As it turned out, my Mother became ill and I was in Portland until the day before we left for Ireland, and I was SO GRATEFUL that I was already packed.  I am certainly not expecting anything to happen this time, but who knows?  Life is a little crazy these days, and now we are ready and available to be of service to our friends, family, and clients before we leave for 32 days.

So ... we had a really fun day being very conscious to NOT OVERPACK.  And at the end of the day, I think we succeeded, even though this picture may not look like it ...

 
Funny ... we take this SAME PICTURE before every trip we take!
 

So we have three weeks left before we leave and being THE EFFICIENCY EXPERTS that we are, it is a challenge for us to leave with  anything undone.  I know, I know .... it is NEVER DONE, but we both so want to leave with at least FEELING that all is in order. 

But then The Universe has a wonderful sense of humor .... look what showed up in the mail today ...

 

FEDERAL JURY SUMMONS?  That's a first for EITHER one of us.  Sorry .... but I will be long gone on March 12th.


1 comment:

  1. Holli and I are going to really enjoy this blog....cant wait and pray for safe travels all throughout your 32 days

    ReplyDelete