Thursday, March 17, 2016

The SECOND Thursday, March 17 ... a Post from The Pearl Resort in Moorea


After only getting 4 hours of sleep last night  (I chose to stay up to create yesterdays’ blog post on my phone until 2AM), I was happy to let the rest of the gang head out to find a bank to exchange money.  I GLADLY took a 40 minute Power Nap.  Unfortunately, they were unsuccessful. 

Blessedly, we got the nicest taxi driver who took us to a bank to get some Polynesian French Francs.  Then she slowly worked through heavy traffic to the Ferry, which was a 45 minute ride across multi-colored and smooth water to the island of Moorea.
Of course we're still celebrating our SECOND St. Patrick's Day!

Leaving Papeete harbor
 
Ferry port on the Island of Moorea
 
After we arrived, we loaded into another quick van ride and arrived at The Pearl Resort and Spa.  We were welcomed with a flower, a cool drink, and a cool towel while we registered for our bungalows.  It was still early, so we couldn’t quite get into our rooms.  So we took the opportunity to walk 5 minutes down the road to a small village that sells fun stuff, has funky restaurants, and even a market!  We stocked up with bread, cheese, salami, crackers, water, and other snacks to enjoy in our side-by-side bungalows.   I certainly knew that when I settled into my bungalow, it would be hard to get me to go anywhere else.

Except maybe to the open air bar!  Carrie and I wanted a foo-foo drink to toast our SECOND St. Patrick’s Day, and the guys joined us. 
We are smiling while we are HOT and SWEATY!  OMGOSH .... so different from our DRY HEAT at home!
 
We then strolled around the property, to get the lay of the land.  We were VERY PLEASED to get into our rooms by 1:30.  And with an ICE MACHINE right next to our bungalows … WHY WOULD I GO ANYWHERE ELSE??

 

Our 2 premium over the water bungalows - we are on the left, the Cardan's are on the right

They delivered fresh pineapple to our bungalows

Well …. except back to the bar to send this post.  The Wi-Fi in the room is not free, nor good (so they tell us), but it IS free AND good in both the open air lobby and bar.  Works for me!
The food was also plentiful and GOOD!
 
I am SO GRATEFUL that Carrie and I talked the guys into staying here FOUR nights.  Dennis will be lucky if he can pry me away then.

 Yes …. THIS MUST BE HEAVEN.
Diana is SO HAPPY... she's been waiting for almost 28 years (since we met to do this trip)!
 
 
The Polynesian hospitality is so appreciated... the Pearl Resort welcomed us with this letter and fresh fruit! 
 
NO MORE blog posts for several days...  we're going to chill out, relax and have MORE fun in the sea and sun!








1 comment:

  1. This is the part of your vacation I would love to do. Always wanted to go to someplace Polynesian. Closest I've been is Hawaii. Do they allow dogs? ;)

    ReplyDelete