Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Tues, March 8th to Blenheim

Our 4th night with Tony and Carrie .... is that right?  I have to admit that days are starting to blend together which makes me very grateful to do this blog.  Even if that means doing this on my phone while Dennis snores next to me in bed.

Carrie is posting some great blow by blow pics on Facebook.  So much for being on the down low about our trip.  This country makes me feel so safe that I don't even care anymore about broadcasting that we're gone.  So if you want to see even MORE pics, check out my Facebook page.

We woke up to a cloudy sky and construction right next door, so we knew it was time to move on.  It only took us about 90 minutes to drive right along the coast north from Kaikoura to Blenheim. THE MARLBOROUGH WINE REGION!  This is as special as being in Napa Valley in California.  We are excited to do our wine tour tomorrow with a company whose slogan is "We drive you to drink".   Oh yes .... Tomorrow should be epic!

And today was special as well.  We arrived at our AirBnB home as guests of Gary and Trish.  BRILLIANT people!  So open and friendly and our space is fabulous! So homey and warm ... I already know I'd love to stay more than two days.

We walked just 5 minutes into town and had a delicious lunch.
Just look at my chicken burger
We had to walk it all off so we explored the quaint Blenheim downtown.  And look what we found .... a Salvation Army store.  We SCORED some deals too!

A hat, jewelry, and clothing.  SCORE!

Of course we have to check out the real estate

Carrie LOVES her St Patricks Day!

Gambling?  Carrie was the big winner, not me

We strolled back "home" and were invited for "wine and nibbles" with our hosts.  Truly ... these lovely people know how to run a B and B.  Gary and Trish are easy to chat with.  Hey Pete and Leslie .... he just retired as a Principal and she was a teacher.  Maybe following their lead would be a perfect next step for you two.   It was a special time indeed.

We finished out our evening with our own feast of snacks and then played Wii.  Hey .... JUST LIKE HOME!


I must get to sleep now.  Tomorrow will be BIG.


No comments:

Post a Comment